November 17, 2021 | Webinar hosted by IFR
12:30pm – 2:00pm EDT
Mayer Brown is proud to sponsor this year’s 2021 US ECM Roundtable, hosted by the International Financing Review (IFR). This year’s virtual event brings together a panel of senior industry professionals to evaluate the current state of play within the market.
The Roundtable, SPACs at a Crossroads, will be moderated by IFR’s US Editor, Stephen Lacey. Panelists will examine questions including:
- How have SPAC IPO terms changed over time? What are the implications of “Bring Your Own Buyer” and back-end funding/redemptions for a merger?
- Where does the SEC stand on its new accounting treatment for SPAC warrants? Is the accounting treatment fair? What are the implications, if any, on SPAC funding?
- What are the plaintiffs alleging in the recent spate of lawsuits against certain SPACs? Is there merit to their claims? If the litigants prevail, what will the implications be?
- Why are SPAC investors redeeming and how frequently? Is there precedent for PIPE investors to backtrack on commitments?
- Amanda Abrams, FinTech Masala
- Craig DeDomenico, Stifel, Nicolaus & Co.
- Don Duffy, ICR Strategic Communications & Advisory
- Matthew Perkal, Brigade Capital Management
- Anna Pinedo, Mayer Brown
- Eric Roddy, William Blair & Co.
- Moderator: Stephen Lacey, IFR