Pointing out important points for corporate and securities practitioners.
- Contractual Standards: Distinctions without a Difference?. We discuss the degree of effort that a party is expected to undertake in order to carry out customary contractual obligations.
- FINRA Communication Rules. We discuss the requirements and application of FINRA Rule 2210.
- Non-GAAP Financial Measures Used by REITs: Frequent SEC Comments. We examine some of the issues raised in comment letters issued by the SEC staff to real estate investment trusts regarding their use of financial measures not presented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Pre-Funded Warrants. We discuss pre-funded warrants, their advantages and certain considerations.
- Shelf Offerings by Business Development Companies. We discuss the availability of shelf offerings, capital markets opportunities and provides a legislative update for business development companies.
- Target and Pro Forma Financial Statement Requirements for Significant Acquisitions. We discuss the SEC’s financial reporting and disclosure requirements triggered by a company’s significant business acquisition.
- Understanding the Requirements Related to the Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures. We discuss the nature and purpose of non-GAAP financial measures and the rules governing the use of such financial measures. We also examine recent SEC comment letters and discuss areas of concern identified by the Staff. Last, we look at recent pronouncements that provide guidance on best practices for companies and offer some practical guidance.
- The Up-C Structure in IPOs. We discuss the Up-C structure and its benefits, as well as what is needed to achieve a successful IPO of an Up-C business.