November 3, 2021 Webinar
1:00pm – 2:00pm EST
Due to market structure and regulatory changes, traditional capital-raising path for entrepreneurial companies has evolved. For companies in certain sectors, the firm commitment IPO may no longer be the goal. Successful direct listings have led many to consider this approach as an alternative. But is it an alternative appropriate for a broad array of companies, or best-suited to tech unicorns?
During this session, Mayer Brown Partners, Anna Pinedo and Brian Hirshberg, Managing Director and Head of Technology Equity-Linked Capital Markets at Morgan Stanley, Ashley MacNeill, and Nasdaq’s Senior Vice President of Corporate Services, Jeffrey Thomas, will discuss:
- The basics of a direct listing,
- Legal requirements, timing, and costs compared to an IPO,
- The marketing process, market-making, and liquidity,
- The stock exchange rules, and
- Capital-raising in connection with a direct listing.