Thursday, October 22, 2020
1:00pm – 2:00pm EDT
Many companies are seeking alternatives to the traditional IPO, and considering merging into a SPAC, or a reverse merger. For life sciences companies, reverse merger transactions have become a popular alternative approach to going public. Merging into a public life sciences company that has cash on hand and has experienced a failed clinical program raises a number of legal considerations. During this session, we will discuss:
- How this differs from a reverse merger into a shell or SPAC;
- Structuring alternatives;
- Documentation, process and timeline;
- Addressing board and employee matters;
- Anticipating litigation; and
- Concurrent or subsequent financing opportunities.
CLE credit is pending.