Webinar | Hosted by the Practising Law Institute (PLI)
October 13, 2021, 1:00pm – 2:00pm EDT
Recently proposed legislation in the US along with rising tensions between the US and China present significant challenges for US-listed companies with substantial operations in China.
During this PLI-hosted event, Mayer Brown LLP partners, Jason T. Elder and Christina M. Thomas, will explain the details of the Holding Foreign Companies Accountable Act, how it potentially impacts US-listed Chinese companies, and options and mechanics for US-listed Chinese companies to exit the US public markets. Topics will include:
- Recent SEC guidance and public statements;
- Take-private transactions, such as negotiated acquisitions, buybacks, and tender offers;
- Delisting from the NYSE and Nasdaq;
- Deregistering securities registered with the US SEC;
- Secondary (to primary) listings in Hong Kong; and
- What’s next for issuers facing these uncertainties.
To learn more and to register, please visit the event website.