May 18, 2021 Webinar
1:00pm – 2:00pm EDT
Given the increased interest in going public through a combination with a SPAC, many private companies may not have had an opportunity to complete a public company readiness assessment. Often, in light of the accelerated timelines associated with SPAC opportunities, public company preparations may not be top-of-mind for the working group at the company focused on the business combination. In fact, the public company readiness process may have to be compressed and often will be undertaken in parallel with negotiation of the initial business combination agreement, as well as the Securities and Exchange Commission’s review of the proxy or proxy/prospectus.
Join Daniel Klausner and Richard Sola of PwC and Mayer Brown partner, Anna Pinedo, to discuss the main elements of the public company preparedness process and how these might be coordinated or timed in conjunction with a de-SPAC process.
Our panelists will discuss:
- The SPAC market
- Recent SEC Staff Statements on SPACs
- Timing and process for SPAC initial business combination
- Timing and process for public company readiness assessment
- Corporate governance best practices and other compliance considerations
- Expectations regarding disclosure controls and internal control over financial reporting
- Planning ahead for timely earnings reports and periodic filings