February 1, 2021 Webinar
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Commercial Paper programs remain a popular financing tool used by investment grade corporate issuers. Total US commercial paper issuance by non-financial corporates currently approximates $200B, and $80B in Europe.
The Commercial Paper market has made a full recovery from the brief dislocation of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
In this webcast, Mayer Brown’s Jerry Marlatt and Barclays’ Stewart Cutler will discuss the considerations relating to the establishment and operation of this type of financing tool. Topics of discussion will include:
- The legal framework for commercial paper programs;
- The US Commercial Paper and the Eurocommercial Paper market;
- Market practice and documentation that is used;
- The US Federal Reserve’s commercial paper funding facility; and
- Investor base for commercial paper.