December 1, 2020 Webinar
11:00 am EST – 12:00 pm EST
Following IFLR’s publication of A Deep Dive into Capital Raising Alternatives, this webinar will discuss the new dynamics in the US capital markets. Despite the pandemic, the US IPO market in 2020 has been quite active, exceeding 2019 in the number of IPOs completed in the US, and bringing to market many well-known tech names.
Aftermarket IPO performance has been strong, reinforcing the strength and receptiveness of the market to new IPOs. That said, there is more activity – and more enthusiasm – for alternatives to the traditional IPO model. For example, direct listings are gaining in popularity.
This year has been called by many the year of the SPAC, given the significant increase in SPAC IPOs and high-profile mergers of unicorns with SPACs. M&A-based solutions remain an attractive alternative to an IPO.
During this webinar, Anna Pinedo, John Ablan, Greg McDowell of ICR, and Zachary Dombrowski and Brian DiCaprio of BMO Capital Markets will discuss:
• The US IPO market in 2020 and what to expect in the coming months;
• US IPO dynamics, aftermarket performance, and IPO trends;
• Foreign private issuers, and potential actions affecting PRC-based companies;
• How direct listings work, and which types of issuers should consider a direct listing;
• SPAC IPOs and what’s driving the trend;
• How merging with a SPAC to become a public company works; and
• SEC developments that may facilitate capital formation.