June 17, 2020
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM EDT
The US capital markets remain an attractive source of capital for emerging companies in the life sciences sector. A significant percentage of the 2019 U.S. initial public offerings were undertaken by life sciences companies. Despite the market uncertainty and volatility brought about by the global pandemic, companies in the life sciences sector have been able to continue to access the private and, in some cases, the public markets.
Please join Mayer Brown’s Anna Pinedo along with Rakhee Bhagat and Kevin Eisele of William Blair & Company as they discuss the following topics:
- Recap of life sciences sector market conditions in 2019;
- Effect of the pandemic on access to financing;
- Pre-IPO financings for life sciences companies;
- The state of the IPO market; and
- Follow-on offerings (PIPE transactions, public follow-on offerings, and other transactions).