Thursday, October 10, 2018
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EDT
This webinar provides all the basics a lawyer needs to be conversant in and familiar with the Commodity Exchange Act and the regulatory framework for futures, commodity options, swaps, and retail foreign exchange. Partner Anna T. Pinedo and Partner Curtis A. Doty will discuss topics including:
- The jurisdiction of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC);
- Who are the registrants and what authority does the CFTC have over them? What role do the Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulators have?;
- The regulation of swaps post Dodd-Frank;
- Commodity pool definition and status as a commodity pool operator; and
- An overview of recent changes to swaps regulation.
PLI will provide CLE credit.
For more information, or to register, please visit the event website.